Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lego Spider-Man and Bionicles oil painting

Here is a painting of my nephew, who just loves all those bionicles and legos his grandmother buys him.
I started this painting last year and stalled out on it. I was having the same problem as the red house painting where I couldn't get the right color balance. So this after noon I thought I’d take another swing at it with the same limited palette of Prussian blue, cadmium red, cadmium yellow med., burnt sienna, ivory black and titanium white. I painted over everything with colors mixed from this palette and things just seemed to blend together better. I still have a ways to go before it's finished, but I thought if I post it now then I may be encouraged to actually finish it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Mike,
Thank you for painting me with my bionicles. btw the red one is not a bionicle it is a Lego Spider-Man.

Love,

Rocco

Michael Anthony Galante said...

Hi Rocco, your welcome and sorry about the mix up between bionicles and legos. I went back and corrected it immediately! While I was making those corrections I couldn’t help but think of how distinguished you would look if I painted a big mustache on your face. What do you think ?

Love Uncle Mike