Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snake oil painting

So with a few instructions from my art teacher on bringing the painting to a finish. I felt like I needed to take this painting somewhere else, somewhere personal. So after an in depth discussion on composition with my niece and nephew ages ten and twelve, we decided that this still life would benefit from a little creative licensing. I made the suggestion of adding the snakes looking for a mouse and they told me where they would look best in the painting. Rocco suggested hanging the snakes tail off the table on the right side and having the snake on the left wrap around the watermelon. Megan agreed and said the mouse should be hiding in the center. I’m still working on this one guys, I just wanted to post it to see if I’m on the right track?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for using both of our ideas in your painting,Uncle Mike.I really like how you painted the mouse in the center.Its a perfect picture for Halloween!

Love
Megan