Sunday, November 7, 2010

Finding a balance between life and creating art.

After raking leaves in the yard for most of the day I found myself to worn out to paint....So feeling a little guilty about that I got to wondering, just how do some people stay motivated to paint on a regular basis?

I see some artist on line producing a staggering amount of work and I ‘d like to know the secret..... what the hell keeps them going? Don’t they ever get tired or stressed out ? I wonder if these people have day jobs ?

I worked on my truck for one whole weekend and that was enough to put a lid on the oil painting for the whole week. If I have a bad day at work ....forget about it, can’t paint. I like to stay in shape so after a good work out , trail run or mountain bike ride I’m usually to keyed up or to beat down to pick up a paint brush. Then there’s the cooking, cleaning and fixing everything that breaks around this old house...it never ends.

There are times when I just can’t find the balance between oil painting and staying afloat. I can’t even begin imagine how people with children do it.

I look forward to the day when I can focus all my time and energy on my art, but in the mean time, I’ll just have to keep looking for that perfect balance between life and creating art.

No comments: