Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It’s a never ending process ,Oil Painting Notes

I know there are many artists today that use projectors or trace the image to get it onto the canvas accurately. And that’s fine for them who am I to judge if it’s right or wrong.

But I believe today’s generation is suffering from a loss of things truly man made. The human element has been taken out of just about everything we purchase. And its unlikely that this generation realizes it or even cares long enough to break free from there cell phones and video games.

Just ask someone in there twenties or thirties today where can I buy an oil painting. After a strange look you just might get a reply “they have nice paintings at Target or Wall Mart”.

Stamped out by the millions, sure they may look pretty but they have no contact with human hands and as far as I’m concerned there cheap, lifeless and disposable.

Mans obsession with perfection ,instant gratification and profit has left most homes with cheap copied machine made art. And that’s kind of sad considering the millions of talented artists that never get the chance to sell there work.

In my struggles to become a better artist. I’m constantly reading and learning how to do things the right way. It’s a never ending process and I know I have a long way to go. But the long journey will be worth every back breaking minute at the easel the day my work can stand side by side with the work of talented and established artists not Wall Mart.

So your probably wondering why all the notes lately, well.....I’m still on a big learning curve and I need these notes to stay on track as I’m sure many other aspiring artists do as well.

So if my notes can help anyone on there journey to become a better artist, then help yourself, because the world can only be a better place with more human beings creating art and not Wall Mart.




No comments: