Monday, May 2, 2011

Hiking to the Metropolitan Museum of Art

Usually on a Sunday morning you can find me running/ hiking the trails in one of Jersey’s State Parks, but yesterday I tried something different.


I hopped on a New Jersey Transit train to Manhattan and hiked from 33rd street up to 82nd street to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and loved every minute of it.


After I parked my car at the New Jersey Transit parking lot ( for only five bucks ) I jumped on the 10:14am train and in 40 minutes I was walking out of Penn Station up 7th Ave.

I walked up 7th Avenue for a few blocks then cut over to 5th Avenue . I like walking up 5th Avenue because its lined with mature trees and it parallels Central Park ( very peaceful ). In about an hour I was at the steps of the Met. It’s that easy.

If walking’s not your thing, you can always take a cab, bus or the subway from Penn Station to the Met. But I enjoy the exercise.

I don’t have too many friends that can keep up with me either, Between the walk back and forth to the museum and the five hours of walking around looking at art. I logged a total 7 hours of non-stop walking. I usually run /hike 2 to 4 hours in the woods so all in all it was a good work out.

Sunday morning has got to be the best time to hit the Met. Neither the train or the museum were crowed. As usual I snapped a bunch of pictures of my little journey. I hope you enjoy them.

If you love art as much as I do, I encourage you take advantage of mass transportation and get out to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. People come from all around the world just to go to the Met. Were very fortunate to have it so close.


Museum Address

1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street

New York, New York 10028-0198

Information: 212-535-7710



Museum Hours

Monday: Closed (Except Holiday Mondays)

Tuesday–Thursday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.

Friday and Saturday: 9:30 a.m.–9:00 p.m.

Sunday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.











2 comments:

oil painting classes said...

These are great images! I like it! Great museum! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

Anna D said...

Hi Mike,
Love the pictures you took, The Met is one of my favorites to visit I was there a month ago, The Art work is so breath taking how can anyone not be an Art Lover Thanks for sharing, and 7 hours of walking in the city that's a nice warm up lol just teasing try 10 hours that's a workout when losing track of time in the City :)