Sunday, June 26, 2011

I’ve just returned from an amazing vacation in Italy !

It took airplanes, trains , busses ,taxies, ferry boats and a heck of a lot of walking around, but I got to see Salerno, Pompeii, Naples, Capri, Sorrento, Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, Rome, Siena, San Gimignano, Montecatini, Tuscany, Pisa, Florence and Venice !!!!

I made sure to go into every Church, Basilica and museum I could find and I walked out of every one in sheer awe of the talent and passion of the Great Renaissance Masters.

You can read all the art books in the world and it will never prepare you for the colossal size and impeccable detail of Renaissance Art.

As I humbly stood in front of Michelangelo’s last judgment, I found myself over come by a surge of emotions, caught between tears of joy and a profound spiritual awakening... I’ve never felt more alive.





















No comments: