Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shut up and go paint something !!




I’ve been checking out some artist blogs on line and I’m inspired yet dumbfounded by the amount of oil paintings some people are capable of producing.


There level of commitment and discipline to art is extremely intense. At times I question my own work ethic and often find myself stewing over the question....am I really doing all that I could ?

I can daydream of oil painting all day, but an 8 hour a day/ 5 day a week job has a way of draining the life out of my antistatic spirit.

By the time I stand toe to toe with the easel, that bolder sized motivation I had at the start of the day has been grinded down to a pebble, leaving me snow blind and confused staring into the abyss of a blank white canvas, forever having to rummage through the depths of my soul for the energy to lift the brush to the canvas....... Uhhhhh... Wait !.......

Lol..... I just read that back......too much drama, I should just shut up go paint something !!

No comments: