Monday, January 16, 2012

The Natural Way to Draw, by Kimono Nicoladies

Just a little up date on what I’ve been up to lately,


I’ve been reading a lot about academy art studies lately and the emphasis seems to be on developing good drawing skills. So in an effort to develop better drawing skills, I’m reading a book from a well known Art Student's League teacher, Kimono Nicoladies. The book is titled The Natural Way to Draw and the first assignment is to put a lot of time into drawing without looking at the paper, with the concept being to practice a constructive way to look at people and objects so that you acquire the most knowledge from your efforts. I’ve been doing this using Pose Manicas for my subject mater, drawing contour and gestures.

I’ve also signed up for a series instructed figure drawing classes at the Arts Guild of New Jersey, instructed by Mc Guire.

Other then that it’s been all work and little play lately. Oh yea I finely started working on my Jeep with the cracked engine. I pulled the engine out by myself, just have to order a new rebuilt and put it in. I haven’t really worked on cars in about 15 years, I forgot what a pain in the ass it is.... I would rather be painting.




 

No comments: