Sunday, March 4, 2012

Affordable anatomical and figure casts suitable for drawing practice.


I've been looking around on line for affordable anatomical and figure casts suitable for drawing practice and anatomy studies. But when it comes to casts, you get what you pay for. Many of the cheaper ones skimp on detail. 

But I found this (11.5" tall on an 2 7/8" X 2.5" Base A.Santini   made in Italy ) Greek sculpture of Aphrodite of Milos ( better known as Venus De Milo ) to be rich in detail, so I gambled 60 bucks and ordered it on e-bay. It just came in this week and I have to say I’m pleased with it . Its made of alabaster so it has some weight to it. It has loads of detail and it fits into my shadow box so I can easily sketch it at my desk using the desk lamp to bring out the shadows.






No comments: