Thursday, August 15, 2013

“art takes time and time is money”

OK, so I haven’t blogged in a real long time, but this does not mean that I've lost my passion for my art. Oh no not at all. I've only come to the conclusion that the Kinks were right “art takes time and time is money”so I’m putting myself on a low budget so to speak..

I need more money !!! So I can buy more time!!! to become an artist!!!  WTF

I’ll sum it up in two words “Retirement Pension”!

I've been working at the same joint for 29 years now and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My game plan is simple  a) retire b) move to and affordable state with a thriving art community and c) devote myself to my art full time. Sounds like a good plan right, just wish it were that easy.

Problem is, the desk job I have now doesn't offer much over time, and pension numbers can increase quite well with over time, so when I sat down and did the math, it was clear that I was going to have to step out of my comfort zone to accomplish this goal.

So when a job came up in my department that offered a lot of over time, for the sake of my art......I had to take it .....The job that I took was a 24/7 truck road mechanic.



No comments: