Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oil Painting, A New Direction


Vogue Series number 1

In an attempt to take my work in a new direction I’ve decided to start a series of paintings to explore the figure, gesture, foreshortening ,color, and painterly brush strokes.

Using the Vogue Model as my subject I’ll work crudely at first to capture the gesture’ then move on to the next painting. I’ll continue this process till I have many paintings going on at once, stopping when I get stuck on one and moving on to the next avoiding procrastination.

Hopefully with this process I’ll be able to increase my volume of work while maintaining a high quality.

I’ll set no time limits for this series because lets face it shit happens, but I will commit to it and log in as many hours in front of the easel as possible.

From time to time I'll stop to post pictures and explain the pace and process of my work.

This first painting was quickly started in class, after a few hours of work I put it aside and went on to the next.

No comments: