Sunday, February 10, 2013

Museum quality sculpture reproductions






In the wake of  hurricane Sandy and the recent snow storm I've been putting in a lot of overtime at work. So besides being totally exhausted..... I guess I have a few extra bucks in my pocket to spend on what I consider a luxury as well as an essential tool for learning how to draw in the traditional way of the European academies.

That’s right I talking about the traditional plaster casts of European classic sculptures. So for all of us who can’t get out to the Louvre to practice drawing these things from life, this will be the next best thing.

My only problem was where to get museum quality sculpture reproductions at a fair price, as I was to find out, shopping on line for stuff like this can be a daunting task, with all the plastic cheap junk out there it's hard to tell what your really getting for your money without physically seeing it in the real world.

So after spending way too much time on line looking at these things, I thought I’d give a little review on what I came up with, perhaps what I've found will be useful for someone who may be considering buying casts to study but are hesitant, because of the lack of visual information available on line.


No comments: