Monday, September 2, 2013

Its time for a change

I often struggle with the concept of what to paint, what subject matter will be worthy of devoting my time to, what expresses who I am, how I feel and what I want to say in my work.. 

Up until now I've spent countless hours exploring the learning process by painting still life's and copying from the masters, though I realize this is necessary for development,  I cant help but feel that my overall body of work remains somewhat hollow and far from a true reflection of what I want to say as an artist.


Its time for a change


From this point on, I will begin a new chapter in my life as an artist. I've dammed up a tremendous amount emotions in my 48 years, and what I really need to do now is open the flood gates and spill that all into my work. 

I’m sure its common for many artists to think that their work is not good enough and believe me I’m no exception, I have my insecurities but from this point on I don’t care anymore , I don’t care if I make mistakes and I don’t care if I think its not good enough. I’ll leave that for others to decide.  

The only way I can see myself growing as an artist is to dive with reckless abandon into my deepest inner emotions, rip my heart and soul out and throw it at the canvas. 

I want my work to say that I have lived, loved, laughed and cried with every God forsaken emotion in between...... as we all have. 

Warning !!! What you are about to see from here on may not be pretty, but it will definitely be me. 





1 comment:

Anna said...

Hi Mike!
FINALLY! I knew you would get it comes from within YOU!!!! Its time to unleash whats in your soul, You have an amazing gift to hell with insecurities & struggles, I`ve seen your work your passion & beauty or whatever speaks for itself! Looking forward to your next line of work! So get to it lol!!!